Thursday, March 04, 2010

Introducing Hannah Gitl


We welcomed our daughter into the world last Monday, 22 February 2010 at 9.10pm. She is named - Hannah Gitl - the second name in honour of my late mother who would have loved being a grandmother very much.

Hannah is perfect and wonderful and we love her very, very much. While her resemblance to Jeff is obvious [as per Year 10 science - dark genes tend to dominate over fair ones], she seems to have been born with many of my expressions, including the most dubious and cynical eye movements and faces that just crack us up laughing.

I am extremely pleased to announce that despite all the doom and gloom predictions of the medical profession, I had an extremely healthy pregnancy and birth and both Hannah and I are recovering well from our 9 month journey together and separation.

I have started a separate blog - Hannah's first year - so far there is just one post in it but I hope to update it regularly for friends and family. The Knitaholic will revert to a knitting blog although at the moment I wonder if I'll get a chance to pick up some needles again. Motherhood is hard work but very very rewarding.

No comments: