Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lizard Ridge complete!


Hard as it may be to believe, this blanket only incorporates four different Noro Kureyon colourways (126,139, 148 & 163), so it really showcases the variety of the yarns. I edged it in a rich purple 8-ply which I'm fairly sure was Naturally New Zealand. It took about 4 months of off-again on-again knitting, sewing and crocheting to complete (with a few scarfs and hats knitted in between). All-in-all I'm pretty happy with the result but I don't want to think about the amount of money I spent on the yarn (even though about half was already in my stash). My husband claims just looking at it is making him feel hot (it's the heart of summer in Australia), so I've rolled it up and put it away for winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Looks fantastic.