Thursday, January 04, 2007

There is light at the end of my blanket

I would normally feel guilty for watching 3 entire series (that is years) of a show over a period of less than a month, but I have spent most of this time also sewing together my Lizard Ridge blanket and it is tantalisingly close to finished.  24 beautiful squares stitched together, using the invisible mattress stitch.  The first row of single crochet around the edge.  More than half of the second row almost finished.
 
Of course the temperature is now going through a post-30 degree Celsius spurt (summer has returned) and I have returned to work from my holidays but I can see a light at the end of my blanket. 
 
I will post a picture as soon as I can
 
We watched the first Babylon 5 movie last night which was not nearly as good as the series that followed.  I believe that many, even better, shows have also taken months, if not years to warm up.  It makes one wonder what potential gems are never forming with new shows being yanked from the screens if they don't rate within a week or two.

No comments: