Monday, February 02, 2009

"I cannot believe you are knitting in this heat," J says to me.  "According to the paper we are in the midst of the worst heat wave in 100 years.  Your boss even told you to work from home on Friday because of the train tracks melting."

"True," I agreed.  "But we are inside now, the power is back on and the air conditioner is working.  According to the thermostat it's just 25 degrees in this room."

"You are making me feel hot just watching you knitting."

Remote blogging so no pics (yet).  I knocked up The Edge of Lace Hat from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders over two  evenings using just half a ball of Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted.  This is quite possibly the softest and most decadent wool in the world.  I contemplate an entire jumper in the yarn.  I'm not so sure about the hat pattern - the lace border is nice and it's nice to knit up a hat using just 50 grams of wool but the straight three-needle bind off gave rather odd twin peaks to this hat - fine if you want a quirky look but I prefer a more traditional finish.

"What do you reckon about an entire jumper in this?" I ask J, showing him the hat.  He shudders in horror.

"Do you think all purple is a bit too much?"

"Oh, no - it's a lovely purple," he says.  "Very you.  But I just can't talk about wool in this heat."

No comments: