Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hmm... I can see who doesn't have to pay for her own yarn

Sandi at Knitting Daily has been waxing lyrical about the gorgeous Modern Quilt Wrap. There is no question that it is an effective pattern, particularly when knitted in the 9 selected colours featured. I was tempted. But let me see: 9 skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze at AUD$18.60/skein comes to $167.40 for a scarf!

Yes it is gorgeous and probably an heirloom item. Yes I did spend (mumble mumble) on Noro Kureyon yarn ($14.50/skein) for my Lizard Ridge afghan.

Today, however, I must be more fiscally responsible and admire from afar. And remind myself that I have a stash full of yarn to satisfy my knitting urge.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I always roll my eyes when a design comes out with that sort of price tag.

Marg B said...

The very first forum I saw in Ravelry was a discussion of substitute yarns for this pattern that had only been publicly distributed a day earlier!