Monday, February 15, 2010

If in doubt knit the next size up


This is my friend Sonya's gorgeous daughter, Georgia, wearing the Giant Peach dress I knitted her. Georgia is four months old and the dress is the 6-9 month size. It was supposed to be for her to wear this winter - thank goodness that being short sleeved she'll get at least a couple of wears out of it before she grows into the next size.

Must remember - if in doubt, knit the next size up. Nothing more frustrating than when a kid doesn't even have a chance to wear something one has spent weeks knitting.

1 comment:

Kaydie said...

Oh my gosh, I so have been there! I have a sweetie of a granddaughter, Norah, that is 7 months old and now I knit everything 3 to 6 months too big. I love your blog! Please check into mine when you have the chance. Will stop by a lot more Kaydie
kaydiesthoughts.blogspot.com