Tuesday, March 21, 2006

We interrupt this knitting blog for a political statement

Workplace Relations Minister Kevin Andrews says there's no ulterior motive behind his release of 400 pages of industrial relations legislation during the Commonwealth Games.
 
Of course not.  Only a cynic would suggest he was trying to bury the draconian new legislation amongst a flurry of Australian sporting success.
 
I guess we should all settle down and enjoy the circus while it is still on offer.  Because I'm not holding out hope of much bread by the time this legislation is enacted.
 
 
In knitting news I'm powering away with Jackie's scarf on the tram to work and Jeff's scarf at home in front of the TV.  I've calmed down about the lace knitting as I seem to have settled down into a pattern.  And I can see it is going to look a LOT better once it is blocked.

No comments: