It took me a while to work out how to photograph it, but finally some photos of Mohair Dreams that actually show the lacework (I had to turn off the flash to get the detail).
It's extremely light and fluffy (there is only 100 grams of mohair in the scarf) but it came out at 220cm which is a very decent length. Blocking in this case did not lengthen the scarf but it widened it to 17.5cm.
I'm very happy how it turned out. I was very determined to block and finish it tonight. Jackie's birthday isn't until next Tuesday but she's getting the present early (tomorrow). We've had a sudden cold change so she may as well have the scarf when it will be useful.
On the technical side, it appears that I may have knitted my first piece of (albeit simple) lace, rather than done lace knitting. According to the Knitting Curmudgeon there is a difference and as the alternate rows were not plain purl, it is actually knitted lace not lace knitting...
I got the pattern from this site (Mohair Dreams) so I am not trying to claim credit where it is not due but I am going to put down the pattern (which apparently came from January 5 of the 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Perpetual Calendar) in case the link disappears over time. Anyway, I got a completely different effect using one strand of 12ply Autumn Leaves mohair than she did using 2 strands of finer white mohair.
Cast on 25 sts
Row 1 (RS): K1, *K2tog, YO, P1; rep from * to last 3 sts, K2tog, YO, K1
Row 2: P3, *K1, P2; rep from * to last 4 sts, K1, P3
Row 3: K1, YO, sl 1, K1, psso, *P1, YO, sl 1, K1, psso; rep from * to last st, K1
Row 4: Rep row 2