Monday, March 12, 2007

De-cluttering de blog

So there I was innocently trying to add in the button for the International Scarf Exchange and I somehow manage to lose half my blog. Thus demonstrating that I don't really understand how blogger works. I think it has something to do with the upgrade from the old version of blogger to the new version.

I have my posts, which is the main thing, and I was able to get the most important Australian and NZ knitting ring code back up, which means I shouldn't be kicked off it. However it appears that I must have somehow fallen off the International Knitting Blog ring some time ago... I've sent an email requesting I be reinstated but I'm not holding my breath. If it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world.

This all seems to fit in with my period of de-cluttering. Many of my links were a little out of date anyway. So I selected a minimalist template and decided to just worry about the current and important stuff.

And looking at the positive side - at least I am finally officially part of the International Scarf Exchange.

Having had to face up to my stash (think 4 large boxes - excluding what I've put up for sale on eBay), I have decided that whoever I am knitting for will get a scarf knitted from the stash. Considering I have some very nice merino wool and mohair, they will not lose out by this decision. I even found an unused ball of Noro Kureyon in my clean-up!

No comments: