Thursday, February 23, 2006

Another hat/scarf set


The weather hit 35 degrees Celcius today so of course I chose to finish the Noro ribbed hat today. This is my third Noro hat/scarf set for winter...

I'm now working with the over-priced rainbow boulce mohair. I had forgotten what a bitch loopy mohair is to knit. I decided to make (surprise surprise) another hat/scarf set. I am knitting three rounds of each colour for the hat and then knitting up the remainder of each ball for the scarf. I'm using 5mm needles - a Birch circular and the new bamboo straights that were a gift. I have to admit I am beginning to see the attraction of the bamboo needles - they do feel very smooth and nice to knit with. But I will try and refrain from buying any of these needles myself. Five tiny bamboo DPNs cost $14.95 at Cleggs. WTF??? Even more than the Addis!!! I am terrified to think what my birthday gift of 8 pairs cost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Noro hat/scarf-set turned out so beautiful, what a great colorline you've chosen!
I know how tiring it sometimes is working with mohair, but the end results certainly are worth it, aren't day?
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!