Saturday, February 04, 2006

Back to knitting instead of venting

OK, the last two posts were a bit on the long side for a blog but I had some issues to deal with AND they were even related to knitting.

I am going to try for the first time to post pictures using Photobucket as uploading via blogger is at best limited (as to where the pictures will appear) and at worst frustratingly impossible (whenever there are strange server problems).

Image hosting by Photobucket

So may I present my designer baby hat in progress (Opal 6-ply sock yarn, basic beanie pattern but I am going to make up a tag stating 'Maggie B original' which hopefully will impress the hell out of the mother while giving a good giggle to those people who know what I really mean). I'm really friends with the aunt of this baby; the mother is not quite as awful as she sounds (she's actually quite a decent person) but one of her aims in life is to own a Lexus 4WD to drive between designer boutiques in inner-city Melbourne, so we don't have a lot in common.

I cast on 90 stitches on 3.25mm dpns; the first 6 cms were a royal pain being in single-rib but now I have moved onto the stocking stich (knit around and around and around) it's much quicker. I'll probably finish it early next week as I am only knitting it in the evenings.


And here is part of the short-row ribbed scarf (about half-way done); this is my tram/train/lunchtime project. There are a few mistakes as I have been learning as I go (see Mine is to reason WHY...) but all in all I'm quite happy. I'm confident of patching up any holes but I'm still not sure whether I should try and do something with the mis-sized rib parts (what I don't know) or just ignore them because"they add character and prove it was hand-knitted and not made by a machine or robot". I suspect the latter view will prevail.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Details: Noro Kureyon Colourway 148 knitted on 6mm needles.

No comments: