Saturday, February 18, 2006

Oh dear, she's got distracted


OK, so there I am having got past the hardest point of my Olympics project, the heal turn, and then I get distracted by some leftover Noro Kureyon sitting on the table which is just begging to be made into a ribbed hat to match my latest scarf... I'm probably about 1/3 of the way through the hat; the safe percentage I am through my pair of Olympics sock.

It's kind of like Steve Bradbury pausing in the middle of his speed skating to go for a snowboard down the mountain.

Speaking of which, the Chaser boys had their 'War on Everything' show on ABC TV last night. It was a very unusual piece of television in that it was a totally intense 25 minutes without a single bit of filler - others would have stretched that much material into a four-part series -- and an absolute pisser. I hope they were joking when they said it was the last in the series (it was the first show).

My DH has demonstrated that he still hasn't come to terms with basic maths. I was questioning why he was only taking 2 antibiotics a day when I knew 3 was the usual dose. Finally it came out. The instructions said to take one every 8 hours. I pointed out that there were 3 lots of 8 hours in each day. He replied that he was asleep for 8 hours a day. I explained that the way to get around this was to take one antibiotic as soon as he woke up, one in the middle of the day and one just before he went to sleep... let's hope he hasn't now trained his bacteria to be immune to the antibiotics.

No comments: